Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's been a while. Sorry about that but things got busy. As soon as I find my camera cable I will be dumping a bunch of sewing updates on you, promise.

Last we talked it was Halloween. Goodness how time flies. My costume turned out well and of course the only picture I have of it is the ones my mum took on her iPhone. Good thing I made her upload it to facebook. :P


It turned much more punk rock then planned but I think it's fitting.

I finished the short stay for Jessie. It came out so nicely but sadly had some fit issues. She ended up having to use the not as well made one I made for Stacey back in January for a show.

I also made the first of my designed from start to finish pieces for Star Command. Admiral Stewart now has a freaking sweet dress uniform coat. It seriously came out amazing and looks 100% just like my sketch. I don't think I stopped smiling once while she was wearing it on set. Pictures to come for sure!

I just started in on Jason's dress uniform coat yesterday and I have to say that it is also looking amazing. I already have most of my fitting for him done thanks to having him join me at the barn. I made him iron out all the fabric while I traced the pattern. Have to say that this pattern isn't giving me much trouble but I think it's because I have pieced things together and took out the need to do pleats on the back pieces. So far it's going smoothly and is exactly the look I want.

Just realized I should have taken an in progress picture while I had him captive. Oh well.

I'm sure you're all curious about Star Command at this point so let me give you a bit of a behind the scenes sneak peak....with me in it of course. :P

Me in the female uniform I designed and made plus ben who plays Sheppard.


Some behind the scenes footage for you guys too. This is a scene from the first episode. I'll continue to share things as time goes on.

Now to end this post the way the title begins it, I am thankful for all of the people in my life and opportunities I am given, especially with Star Command and NFDC. I love you all and are glad you are in my life.

Now let's create some more magic!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment