Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cover up that window quick!

While I was in Florida, my dad requested for me to make him some curtains. He has a window above his sink in the kitchen that he wanted to put curtains on but hadn't found any he liked.

The solution was simple. A trip to JoAnn's.

So we piled into the car and headed over. I took him through all the cottons they had and we found a wonderful piece in a light yellowy/tan with pears and apples on it. It even had a bit of sparkle in it. We bought it and took it on home.

Then my favorite part came; the sewing. I ironed, measured, pin, tucked and stitched. The end result was absolutely lovely, if I do say so myself.

Finished curtains all hung up.
Close up on the fabric
What do you think? Are you a curtains person? I'm not but I can see the appeal of them especially with the right fabric.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment