Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome 2011!

I'm very excited for this new year. 2010 was wonderful and full of fun and new experiences. 2011 is sure to be all that and more.

I'm starting off the year with a number of sewing projects in my queue. I have a bag in progress, an other one to make, 2 coats to make, a number of costumes for Star Command to get together, Hogwarts robes to make, as well as a few small projects for myself.

2011 has also started off with a bag in the Weird Shit I Make for NFDC Department. My first prop to make of 2011 is a human head pie for The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged. I have to say I am very excited about this prop. I have the top crust sculpted and sitting out to dry. I'll obviously post all about it and the creation process once it's done.

I'm glad to say that I was able to get all my Christmas presents made and in the mail to people on time this year. I made a handful of notebooks out of note cards, card stock, construction paper and binder rings for friends.

Front of one of the notebooks

Inside of one of the notebooks

As well as 3 door signs. I stupidly forgot to snap pictures of the two Lord of the Rings door signs I made and will have to wait to show you all a picture until my friend Mike sends me one of his hanging up in his new place.

Here is the one I made for my Dad's new house:


I also did well for myself this year. Much better then last year, and not just in a material way. 

I got a bunch of fantastic cards from friends that made me smile like crazy. I also got some clothes (1 dress, 1 skirt, 1 pair of pants, 2 sweaters), stash of fabric from my Grandma, gift cards, pictures, The "Business" of Sewing book, The Original "How Much Fabric?" Reference Cards, a gaming mini and an iPhone.

I am in the love with the reference cards! They will come in so handy!

It's been a week and I am painfully addicted to this phone.

 I have a monster To Do list to get done before I leave for Florida for a little over a week. I'm going to get back to that.

I hope you all are having a wonderful start to 2011! I'll have more sewing to post about in another day or two.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment